Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre will hold open auditions for adults and children for Footloose, Seussical and Hairspray on Sunday, March 28 at 4 p.m. Auditions are on a first-come, first-served basis. A sign-up sheet will be available at 3:30 p.m. No appointments will be taken.
The following are the productions and roles that are available, according to Melissa Vogt, sales and marketing coordinator.
Footloose, plays June 10 July 25. Rehearsals: May 27 June 9.
Casting the roles of:
1. Male and female ensemble, strong singers and dancers ages 15 to adult.
2. Female character actress/singer age 35 to 55
3. Ren McCormick, strong belt tenors (high B) with high falsettos Plays age 16 to 20
4. Chuck Cranston, strong belt tenors (high B) with high falsettos Plays age 16 to 20
5. Willard Hewitt, gawky country boy, tenor Plays age 16 to 19
Seussical, plays July 29 August 15. Rehearsals: July 15 July 28.
All roles, strong singer/actor ages 15 and up.
Hairspray, plays October 7 November 20. Rehearsals: September 23 October 6.
1. Male and female, strong singers/dancers ages 15 and up
2. Male and female, strong character actors/singers age 35-55.
Anyone interested in auditioning should bring a current headshot and resume and be prepared to sing 16 bars in the proper key that best shows off your vocal range. Please bring sheet music in the proper key, an accompanist will be provided (no audio tapes or CDs please). After the vocal audition actors/actresses may be asked to attend a dance and/or reading audition after the singing audition. Please allow yourself enough time to be seen and possibly be called back to read and/or dance.
Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre is a professional theatre. Broadway Palm productions require a two-week rehearsal process with rehearsals daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Anyone interested must be available for the two-week rehearsal process and all performances. Performances are Tuesday through Sunday evenings with selected matinees on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday, Vogt said.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, March 28 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre, 1380 Colonial Boulevard in Fort Myers. For more information, visit www.BroadwayPalm.com.