The next monthly Art Walk will be Friday, April 2, from 6 to 10 p.m. It will be followed by the new Saturday Art Fair on April 3, in the Patio de Leon from noon to 4 p.m.
The Friday, April 2, Art Walk will include more than a dozen art stops and will feature new art exhibitions, live music and the traditional after party.
Held the first Friday of every month from 6 to 10 p.m., Art Walk features local and national artwork in the downtown art galleries and several art stops in the Fort Myers River District. The evening culminates with an after party at 10 p.m. The April after party will be held at Spirits of Bacchus on Hendry Street.
The Saturday Art Fair will run from noon to 4 p.m. About two dozen local art vendors and artisans will be set up in the Patio de Leon selling their art. Galleries will be open and some galleries will be hosting "Make-It & Take-It" art projects for the kids. Admission is free. The Saturday Art Fair runs January through May.
Here are some highlights of the Friday, April 2, Art Walk:
- Art League of Fort Myers: Opening of "The Art of Photography" exhibit.
- Art of the Olympians: Exhibit featuring the works of Al Oerter and Liston Bochette in the main gallery and a special showing in the downstairs gallery. They will also have a Young Artists Awards performer.
- Arts for ACT Gallery: Opening reception for exhibit, "Art Fusions" by Naoko and five other collaborating artists.
- daas Gallery: Opening reception for "Buddha: Images of the Deity."
- HOWL Gallery: Opening reception for new exhibit, "The Hybrid Art of Steve Luongo." Live music by Cosmic Mountain from 8-10 p.m. on the back patio. Special performance by Steve Luongo and Cosmic Mountain after 8 p.m.
- Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center: Opening for new exhibit, "Turn, Turn, Turn - The Artistic Synthesis of Vinyl to Art," followed by a performance by jazz and chamber music ensemble PROJECT (concert is $35 admission).
- Space 39: Opening of a new group show featuring the art of Ryan Metke.
Another highlight will be the weekly Friday Night Live which takes place in the Patio de Leon. Screamin' & Cryin' (country blues) will perform from 6 to 9 p.m.
Always a collector's item, new Art Walk buttons will be available at galleries that night. For more informtaion, go to: www.fortmyersartwalk.com.