Music Walk, a new monthly music event in the downtown Fort Myers River District debuts Saturday August 21 at 7 p.m. and features live music and attractions at more than a dozen restaurants, galleries, and bars every third Saturday.
With the success of the downtown Fort Myers Art Walk a second monthly event was created to cater to a growing energy in the newly renovated historic River District.
Music Walk brings local, regional, and national music talent to downtown Fort Myers venues in a monthly, third Saturday event.
Organized by the same group of downtown business owners as Fort Myers Art Walk, Music Walk celebrates the downtown music scene and creates an additional night of festivity in the River District. Mark your calendar for every third Saturday in downtown Fort Myers.
The event will feature a wide range of musical styles and is designed to appeal to both young and old alike. The first Music Walk will feature everything from reggae, rock, and jazz to soloists and acoustic musicians at River District businesses.
Street performers will also dot the downtown streets and segue between venues to help create a fun musical atmosphere. In addition to live music many venues will also feature wine tastings and monthly special events. Participating galleries will also feature their current art shows.
Music Walk Venues and partners include: Red Rock Saloon, Spirits of Bacchus, Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, HOWL Gallery, Space 39, daas Gallery, Cafe Matisse, French Connection Cafe, Enjewel, Happenings Magazine, Hotel Indigo, Twisted Vine Bistro (formerly H2 Downtown Bistro), Harborside Event Center, Coloring The World, City Tavern, Downtown House of Pizza, World Famous Cigar Bar, Hideaway Sports Bar, Morgan House, The Veranda Restaurant, What's Up Dogs, and the Indigo Room.
The event is organized with the help of Andy Howl of Howl Gallery, Roger DiCiccio of Red Rock Saloon, Suzy Lewis of Spirits of Bacchus, and Jamie Kuser of Happenings Magazine. Music Walk exists under the umbrella of The River District Alliance, a non-profit organization that helps create and manage downtown events, unite existing business owners, and provide information for new businesses to open in the Fort Myers River District.
Highlights for the August 21st inaugural Music Walk include:
- Red Rock Saloon - Rock Music by AMOF, opening band TBA
- Spirits of Bacchus - Music by solo guitarist Steve Farst
- Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center - Featuring New York reggae artist KY_ENIE sponsored by King Leo Promotions
- HOWL Gallery - Classic punk and alternative music by Banana Logic on the HOWL/Starbucks back patio.
- Space 39 - Featuring Kat Epple and her world jazz group.
- daas Gallery - Featuring guitarist Peter Taylor
- Cafe Matisse - Featuring acoustic musician Paul Goss.
- French Connection Cafe - Live music TBA.
- City Tavern - Live upbeat rock by Headcount - starts at 10pm
- Enjewel - Wine tasting - Music TBA
- Hotel Indigo - Featuring Father Al and the Jazz Congregation on the rooftop lounge - starts at 6 p.m.
- Twisted Vine Bistro (formerly H2) - Classic rock by Patrick Jerome
- Coloring The World Gallery - Art and wine tasting
- World Famous Cigar Bar - Live music starts at 10 featuring Tom Wayne
- Hideaway Sports Bar - Live Music by Dave Barber the Flamingo Kid
- Morgan House (new location on Patio De Leon) Possible Live Music, re-opening date TBA
- Veranda - Live Piano music by Gary Goetz
- Indigo Room - Live Rockabilly music by Memphis 56
Music starts at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted, promoters say.
Visit the Fort Myers Music Walk website for a musician directory, list of venues and community forum: www.fortmyersmusicwalk.com