CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR APRIL 6
Wednesday, April 6
• Art lessons, oil painting and watercolor, every Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Beginner to advanced, $80 per month or drop-ins welcome, $25 per session (with $10 annual membership fee to Veterans Park community Center), Homestead Rd. S. For more information, call art instructor, June DiVencent at 368-6851.
• VFW Post 4174 will offer a lunch time Philly cheese steak with slaw and chips for $4.50 or a ham and cheese with slaw and chips for $4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. VFW Post is at 23 W. Homestead Rd., Lehigh.
• Al-Amnon support group, 8 p.m., Faith Lutheran Church, 705 Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh.
• American Legion dart league, 7 p.m., Euchre, 7 p.m., 369-3178.
• Euchre at the American Legion, Ashlar Ave., 7 p.m., 369-2521.
• Country line dance lessons, beginners and intermediate, Lehigh Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 12:30 to 2 p.m., members free, non-members $2.
Thursday, April 7
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Lunch, spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread, $5, meatball subs with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The American Legion Auxiliary No. 323, 1124 Ashlar Ave., has hamburger night every Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m., for $3.
• Lehigh Acres Senior Center art class, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh. Class meets between 9:30 a.m. and noon.
• Duplicate Bridge, Senior Center, 210 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 12:15 p.m., 690-8306.
• TOPS Chapter 428 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at Fountain Crest on Taylor Lane in Lehigh. weigh in at 6 p.m., meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. For more information call Shirley Teece, 368-0813.
• American Legion dart league 7 p.m., 1124 Ashlar Ave, 369-31787.
Friday, April 8
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Lunch, Sloppy Joes with slaw and chips, $4. Chili dog with slaw and chips $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Knights of Columbus weekly fish fry, fried and baked fish, fried shrimp, cole slaw, French fries, dessert and beverages offered. Serving, 4 p.m. at 1250 Business Way. Fish dinners, $8, shrimp dinner, $9.
• Tea Dance from 2 to 4 p.m., Lehigh Acres Citizens Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive. Free to members and $2 for non-members.
• Oldtimers Softball League, noon at Lehigh, Community Park, Williams Rd. and 5th St,. West. Call 303-2041 for more information.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Fox Hall Group, 5150 Westgate. Suite 104, 7:30 p.m. Call 368-9477.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Women's Group, Faith Lutheran Church, 8 p.m., 368-2890.
• St. Raphael's Bingo, 4 p.m. warmups, regular games 6:30 p.m. Kitchen open.
• TOPS Chapter 418 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at Fountain Crest, Taylor Lane. Meeting starts at 8:30 a.m. Call 369-9134.
•Karaoke, 8 p.m. to midnight, Fraternal Order of Eagles, 1111 Homestead Rd., 369-8744.
• American Legion dinner specials 5 to 7 p.m. Open to public. Legion is on Ashlar Ave, Lehigh.
Saturday, April 9
• The First Community Congregational Church, 200 Leeland Heights Blvd, breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m., $5 with choice of four menus. Proceeds go to capital building campaign.
• Beginning guitar lessons, ages 9-14. Winning Kids Club every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Includes use of guitar. For information, call 239-671-0946 or email email@example.com.
• Overeaters Anonymous support group meets at 9 a.m. at Fountain Crest at 1230 Taylor Lane Ext. Call 369-2381.
• Lehigh Acres Christian Church, 50 Bell Blvd. N. opens community food pantry from 1 to 2 p.m. Call 368-1400.
Sunday, April 10
• Elks Lodge 2602 brunch from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., held every Sunday of each month at the lodge at 2602 Joel Blvd. Price is $6 per person.
• Duplicate bridge at Fountain Crest, 1230 Taylor Lane. Play at 12:45 p.m. Call 369-7940.
•Oldtimers Softball League, noon at Lehigh Community Park at Williams Ave and 5th St. W. Call 303-2041.
Monday, April 11
•VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd., lunch,
• Meat loaf dinner with mashed potatoes, vegetable, bread and butter, $5. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Lehigh Acres Bicycle Social Club meets at the East Lee County Regional Library on Gunnery Rd. at 9 a.m. on the second Monday of every month. There are rides every Monday and Friday at 8 a.m. leaving from the Community Park on Williams Ave. New members are encouraged to attend. For more information call Harold Cope, president at 369-4583 or Russ Carmichael at 657-4450.
• Dart league, 7 p.m., Fraternal Order of Eagles, Williams Rd., bingo, 11:30 a.m. lunch.
• Karaoke 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Lehigh Senior Citizens Center, Plaza Drive. Admittance is $3.
• Euchre will be held at the American Legion on Ashlar Ave. in Lehigh at 7 p.m. Members and guests welcome.
• Country line dance lessons, beginners and intermediate, Lehigh Senior Citizen Center, 219 Plaza Drive, 2 to 3:30 p.m.; non-members $2.
• Moose Lodge 2266 dart league, 7 p.m., 210 Homestead Rd., 368-2266.
• Lehigh Acres Art League watercolor classes from 1 to 4 p.m. at First Community Church, 200 Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh, 369-7268.
Tuesday, April 12
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. lunch, BLT with slaw and chips, $4, grilled ham and cheese with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• American Legion Bingo, every Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the post, 1124 Ashlar Ave. Members and guests only. Euchre at 7 p.m.
• Free support group for those suffering with anorexia or bulimia, meets at 7 p.m. in Fort Myers. For more information contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-209-1237.
• Friends of the East County Regional Library meet at 6:30 p.m. in the conference room, Gunnery Rd.
• Bingo, 5 p.m. with games starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center, 219 Plaza Drive.
• Boy Scout Troop 270 meets at 7 p.m., Trinity Baptist Church, 4102 Lee Blvd. Call 368-3191.
• Euchre, American Legion, Ashlar Ave., 7 p.m., 369-3098.
(To get items in the Calendar of Events, please send us a note about the name of the organization, the address, the event and how much money dinners cost or give us a range of prices. You can email them to: Mtoadvine@breezenewspapers.com or drop them off at 411 Lee Blvd. If events are no longer happening, please let us know so we can take them out of the calendar. All events posted in the calendar must be open to the public.)