Wednesday, April 13
• Art lessons, oil painting and watercolor, every Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Beginner to advanced, $80 per month or drop-ins welcome, $25 per session (with $10 annual membership fee to Veterans Park community Center), Homestead Rd. S. For more information, call art instructor, June DiVencent at 368-6851.
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd., lunch, Philly cheese steak with slaw and chips, $4.50, ham and cheese with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• American Legion Post 323, Euchre 7 p.m., Darts, 7 p.m.
• Al-Anon support group, 8 p.m. Faith Lutheran Church, 705 Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh.
• Euchre at the American Legion, Ashlar Ave., 7 p.m., 369-2521.
• Country Line Dance lessons, beginners and intermediate, Lehigh Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m.; members free, non-members $2.
Thursday, April 14
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Lunch, spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread, $5, meatball subs with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The American Legion Auxiliary No. 323 at 1124 Ashlar Ave. holds a hamburger night every Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m., $3.
• American Legion Post 323, Euchre 7 p.m. darts 7 p.m.
• The American Business Women’s Association meets at the Bistro Munich on Taylor Lane in Lehigh. Networking starts at 6 p.m. dinner 6:30 p.m. Call 368-6080 or 369-2411 for reservations and information.
• Live music "Le Deux" plays at the Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh from 7 to 9 p.m. Members, $3 and non-members, $4. Refreshments will be served. Call 369-5355 or 369-6652 for more information.
• The Lehigh Acres Senior Center has an Art class (all mediums) at 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh. The art class meets between 9:30 a.m. and noon.
• Dart league, 7 p.m., Fraternal Order of Eagles, 607 Village Lakes Blvd., Lehigh, bar bingo 11:30 a.m.
• TOPS Chapter 428 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at Fountain Crest on Taylor Lane in Lehigh. Weigh in at 6 p.m., meeting starts 6:30 p.m. For more information call Shirley Teece, 368-0813.
Friday, April 15
• The General Women’s Club of Lehigh Acres will be held at 1 p.m. at the Faith Lutheran Church, Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh. A memorial service for deceased members will be held.
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Lunch, Sloppy Joes with slaw and chips, $4. Chili dog with slaw and chips $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Knights of Columbus weekly fish fry, fried and baked fish, fried shrimp, cole slaw, French fries, dessert and beverages being offered by the Lehigh Acres Knights of Columbus starting at 4 p.m. The location is at the Council Hall at 1250 Business Way in Lehigh. Fish dinners are $8 and shrimp is $9.
American Legion Post 323 Karaoke: Ronny D & Tammy, 7:30 p.m.
• Tea Dance from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Lehigh Acres Citizens Senior Center on Plaza Drive. Free to members and $2 to non-members.
• Oldtimers Softball League, noon at Lehigh Community Park, Williams Rd., and 5th West. Call 303-2041 for more information.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Fox Hall Group, 5150 Westgate. Suite 104, 7:30 p.m. Call 368-9477.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Women’s Group, Faith Lutheran Church. 8 p.m., 368-2890.
• St. Raphael’s Bingo, open 4:30 p.m., warm-ups 6 p.m., regular games 6:30 p.m. Kitchen open.
• TOPS Chapter 418 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), meets at Fountain Crest on Taylor Lane in Lehigh, come at 8 a.m., meeting is 8:30 a.m. For more information, call Cathi Boibin, 369-9134.
• Karaoke, 8 p.m. to midnight, Fraternal Order of Eagles, 1111 Homestead Rd. (behind China Star restaurant), 369-8744.
Saturday, April 16
• The East Lee County Brain Injury support group meets at the Lehigh Regional Medical Center in the cafeteria from 2 to 4 p.m.
• LaLeche League of Lehigh Acres - mother to mother breastfeeding information and support meets at 10 a.m. at the United Way House, 1303-103 Homestead Rd. Call Maria, 368-6034 or visit on the Internet at www.lllusa.org/fl/index.html.
• The First Community Congregational Church at 200 Leeland Heights Blvd. serves breakfast every Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. The cost is $5 and there is a choice of four types of breakfast menus. Proceeds go to the church’s capital building campaign.
• Beginning guitar lessons, ages 9-14. Winning Kids Club, every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Includes use of guitar. For more information, call 239-671-0946 or email: WinningKidsClub@aol.com.
• Overeaters Anonymous support group meets at 9 a.m. at Fountain Crest Retirement Community located at 1230 Taylor Lane Ext. For more information, call 369-2381.
• Lehigh Acres Christian Church at 50 Bell Blvd. N. has a community food pantry from 1 to 2 p.m. Call the church at 368-1400 for more information.
Sunday, April 17
• Elks Lodge 2602 brunch from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., held every Sunday of each month at the lodge at 2602 Joel Blvd. Price is $6 per person.
• Duplicate bridge at Fountain Crest, 1230 Taylor Lane. Play begins at 12:45 p.m. Call 369-7940 for more information.
• Oldtimers Softball League, noon at Lehigh Community Park at Williams Ave and 5th St. W. Call 303-2041.
Monday, April 18
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Meat loaf dinner with mashed potatoes, vegetable, bread and butter, $5. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Duplicate Bridge, Senior Center, 210 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 12:15 p.m., 690-8306.
• American Legion Post 323, general membership meeting, 7 p.m., Euchre.
• Hope Hospice Grief Support Group will meet at 25 Homestead Road, Lehigh Acres, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. For more information or to sign up for a group session, call (239) 985-7792.
• The Country Club Estates Association holds its monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at First Community Congregational Church at 200 Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh Acres. Refreshments are served. There is also a speaker.
• Country Line Dance lessons, beginners and intermediate, Lehigh Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 2 to 3:30 p.m.; members free, non-members $2.
• Moose Lodge 2266 dart league 7 p.m., 210 Homestead Road S., 368-2266.
• Lehigh Acres Art League Watercolor Classes 1 to 4 p.m., at First Community Congregational Church, 200 Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh, 369-7268.
• Grief support group, 1:30 to 3 p.m., Hope Hospice Lehigh Office, 25 Homestead Rd., Lehigh. Call 489-9156 or 489-9149 for more information.
Tuesday, April 19
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. lunch, BLT with slaw and chips, $4, grilled ham and cheese with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• American Legion Post 323 Bar Bingo 2 p.m., members and their guests only. Not open to the public. Also Euchre at 7 p.m.
• Free support group for those suffering with anorexia or bulimia, meets at 7 p.m. in Fort Myers. For more information contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-209-1237.
• The Lehigh Acres Genealogy Society meets at the East County Library on Gunnery Rd. from 1 to 3 p.m. Call 239-369-8561 or 239-671-0809.
• The Lehigh Democratic Club meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Veterans Park Community Center, 55 Homestead Rd. For more information, go on the Internet: www.freewebs.com/lehighfladems or call 239-368-8130.
• The ADA Advisory Board of Southwest Florida meets from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at The Center for Independent Living of Southwest Florida, 3626 Evans Ave., Fort Myers. The mission of the group is to promote the civil rights of persons with disabilities through community education of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Meetings are open to the public.
• Moose Lodge 2266 enrollment meeting 7 p.m., 210 Homestead Road S., 368-2266.
• Hope Hospice offers a grief support group session each Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the Hope House at 1205 Wings Way off of Beth Stacey Blvd., Lehigh. The group is open to anyone who is grieving the loss of a loved one. For more information, call (239) 415-7219.
• Bingo begins at 5 p.m. with games at 6:30 p.m. at the Lehigh Senior Citizens Center on Plaza Drive.
• Boy Scout Troop 270 meets at 7 p.m., Trinity Baptist Church, 4102 Lee Blvd., Lehigh. For more information, call 368-3191.
• Bingo, Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Proceeds go to Senior Center projects, free popcorn, coffee and tea, 369-5355.
(To get items in the Calendar of Events, please send us a note about the name of the organization, the address, the event and how much money dinners cost or give us a range of prices. You can email them to: Mtoadvine@breezenewspapers.com or drop them off at 411 Lee Blvd. If events are no longer happening, please let us know so we can take them out of the calendar. All events posted in the calendar must be open to the public.)