Wednesday, July 20
• Art lessons, oil painting and watercolor, every Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Beginner to advanced, $80 per month or drop-ins welcome, $25 per session (with $10 annual membership fee to Veterans Park community Center), Homestead Rd. S. For more information, call art instructor, June DiVencent at 368-6851.
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd., lunch, Philly cheese steak with slaw and chips, $4.50, ham and cheese with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association, Co. A of Southwest Florida meets at lunch at 11:30 p.m. at Calusa Harbour Senior Living Center at 2525 East First St., Fort Myers. All Infantry men who were awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge are invited. Call 368-5006 or e/mail SilverFoxx236@aol.com'>SilverFoxx236@aol.com.
• American Legion dart league 7 p.m., 369-3178.
• Euchre at the American Legion, Ashlar Ave., 7 p.m., 369-2521.
• Country Line Dance lessons, beginners and intermediate, Lehigh Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m.; members free, non-members $2.
Thursday, July 21
• Free Inquiry Group meets at 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month for discussion on politics, religion, evolution, etc. at Edison College Lee Campus, Rush Library, Room J326. See more details on Facebook, Meetup or at freeinquirygroup.com or call 239-565-0729.
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Lunch, spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread, $5, meatball subs with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Lehigh Acres Senior Center has an Art class (all mediums) at 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh. The art class meets between 9:30 a.m. and noon.
• VFW Post 4174 Bingo 7 p.m.; 25 Homestead Rd S., Lehigh, 369-5100.
• Dart league, 7 p.m., Fraternal Order of Eagles, 607 Village Lakes Blvd., Lehigh, bar bingo 11:30 a.m.
• TOPS Chapter 428 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at 6:30 p.m. at Fountain Crest on Taylor Lane. Weigh in at 6 p.m., meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. for more information call Shirley Teece, 368-0813
• American Legion dart league 7 p.m. 1124 Ashlar Ave. (behind Burger King), 369-3178.
Friday, July 22
• Elks Lodge 2602 weekly fish dinner serving fried and baked fish, shrimp, combination dish dinners, wings, hamburgers. Dinner served from 5 to 7 p.m. at the lodge at 1050 Joel Blvd. Dinners are from $5.75 to $8.25.
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Lunch, Sloppy Joes with slaw and chips, $4. Chili dog with slaw and chips $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Lehigh Acres Woman’s Club will meet at Faith Lutheran Church, 705 Leeland Heights Blvd., at 1 p.m.
• Knights of Columbus weekly fish fry, fried and baked fish, fried shrimp, cole slaw, French fries, dessert and beverages being offered by the Lehigh Acres Knights of Columbus starting at 4 p.m. The location is at the Council Hall at 1250 Business Way in Lehigh. Fish dinners are $8 and shrimp is $9.
• Tea Dance from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Lehigh Acres Citizens Senior Center on Plaza Drive. Free to members and $2 to non-members.
• Oldtimers Softball League, noon at Lehigh Community Park, Williams Rd., and 5th West. Call 303-2041 for more information.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Fox Hall Group, 5150 Westgate. Suite 104, 7:30 p.m. Call 368-9477.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Women’s Group, Faith Lutheran Church. 8 p.m., 368-2890.
• St. Raphael’s Bingo, open 4:30 p.m., warm-ups 6 p.m., regular games 6:30 p.m. Kitchen open.
• TOPS Chapter 418 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), meets at Fountain Crest on Taylor Lane in Lehigh, come at 8 a.m., meeting is 8:30 a.m. For more information, call Cathi Boibin, 369-9134.
• Karaoke, 8 p.m. to midnight, Fraternal Order of Eagles, 607 Village Lakes Blvd., 369-8744.
Saturday, July 23
• The First Community Congregational Church at 200 Leeland Heights Blvd. serves breakfast every Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. The cost is $5 and there is a choice of four types of breakfast menus. Proceeds go to the church’s capital building campaign.
•Beginning guitar lessons, ages 9-14. Winning Kids Club, every Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Includes use of guitar. For more information, call 239-671-0946 or email: WinningKidsClub@aol.com'>WinningKidsClub@aol.com.
• Overeaters Anonymous support group meets at 9 a.m. at Fountain Crest located at 1230 Taylor Lane Ext. For more information, call 369-2381.
• Lehigh Acres Christian Church at 50 Bell Blvd. N., community food pantry from 1 to 2 p.m. Call the church at 368-1400 for more information.
Sunday, July 24
• Duplicate bridge at Fountain Crest, 1230 Taylor Lane. Play begins at 12:45 p.m. Call 369-7940 for more information.
• Oldtimers Softball League, noon at Lehigh Community Park at Williams Ave. and 5th St. W. Call 303-2041.
Monday, July 25
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. Meat loaf dinner with mashed potatoes, vegetable, bread and butter, $5. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Duplicate Bridge, Senior Center, 210 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 12:15 p.m., 690-8306.
• Euchre will be held at the American Legion on Ashlar Ave. in Lehigh at 7 p.m. Members and guests welcome.
• Country Line Dance lessons, beginners and intermediate, Lehigh Senior Center, 219 Plaza Drive, Lehigh, 2 to 3:30 p.m.; members free, non-members $2.
• Moose Lodge 2266 dart league 7 p.m., 210 Homestead Road S., 368-2266.
• Lehigh Acres Art League Watercolor Classes 1 to 4 p.m., at First Community Congregational Church, 200 Leeland Heights Blvd., Lehigh, 369-7268.
• Grief support group, 1:30 to 3 p.m., Hope Hospice Lehigh 1205 Wings Way. Call 489-9156 or 489-9149 for more information.
Tuesday, July 26
• VFW Post 4174 at 23 S. Homestead Rd. lunch, BLT with slaw and chips, $4, grilled ham and cheese with slaw and chips, $4. Alcoholic beverages for members and guests only. Available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• American Legion Bingo, every Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the post, 1124 Ashlar Ave.
• Free support group for those suffering with anorexia or bulimia, meets at 7 p.m. in Fort Myers. For more information contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org'>email@example.com or 239-209-1237.
• The ADA Advisory Board of Southwest Florida meets from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at The Center for Independent Living of Southwest Florida, 3626 Evans Ave., Fort Myers. The mission of the group is to promote the civil rights of persons with disabilities through community education of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Meetings are open to the public.
• Moose Lodge 2266 enrollment meeting 7 p.m., 210 Homestead Road S. 368-2266.
• Hope Hospice offers a grief support group each Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the Hope House a 1205 Wings Way in Lehigh. The group is open to anyone who is grieving the loss of a loved one. For more information, call (239) 415-7219.
• Bingo begins at 5 p.m. with games at 6:30 p.m. at the Lehigh Senior Citizens Center on Plaza Drive. Jackpots are as high as $250.
• Boy Scout Troop 270 meets at 7 p.m., Trinity Baptist Church, 4102 Lee Blvd., Lehigh. For more information, call 368-3191.
• Euchre at the American Legion, Ashlar Ave, 7 p.m., 369-3098.
(To get items in the Calendar of Events, please send us a note about the name of the organization, the address, the event and how much money dinners cost or give us a range of prices. You can email them to: Mtoadvine@breezenewspapers.com'>Mtoadvine@breezenewspapers.com or drop them off at 411 Lee Blvd. If events are no longer happening, please let us know so we can take them out of the calendar. All events posted in the calendar must be open to the public.)