Teachers and school staff will receive free admission with a school issued identification badge. Registration is required for specialized tours designed for educators. To register call the Estates Education Department at 239-334-7419.
A schedule of activities include:
• Specialized teachers training “Making Science FUNdamental” 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (registration required)
• Invention demonstration at 10:30 a.m.
• Story reading with the Thomas and Mina Edison at 11 a.m.
• Edison Ford Young Inventors Program with Estates Site Historian 1 p.m.
• Environmental Education Tour at 11:30 a.m. (registration required)
• Model T Assembly at 2:30 p.m.
• Hands-on science activities by Estates Wild Wizards throughout the day including botanical prints, solar bead necklaces, physics, mini golf and much more
Educators will receive education packets with Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards based curriculum, classroom activity sheets, and additional resources
The Estates is open daily from 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. The Estates is the winner of the 2009 National Stewardship Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation and is an official project of “Save America’s Treasures” at the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a Florida Historic Landmark and a National Register Historic Site. For additional information call 239-334-7419 or visit the web site at www.edisonfordwinterestates.org'>www.edisonfordwinterestates.org'>www.edisonfordwinterestates.org'>www.edisonfordwinterestates.org.