The Lee Building Industry Association Builders Care announces a board of directors that will guide the nonprofit agency in its mission to provide construction services at no cost to needy elderly, disabled and economically disadvantaged homeowners in Lee County.
The team of volunteers recently reached a milestone with the completion of its 100th project in December.
The new president of the board is Butch Ritter, president of Cape Coral Plumbing. Ritter has previously served in other capacities on the board and also has served on the Lee Building Industry Association board for several years.
The other board members include:
* Vice president: Mark Stevens, president of Stevens Construction
* Secretary: Wendi Carroll, Carroll Properties
* Treasurer: Annette Nilles, president of Nilles Design Group
* Bob Bassett, immediate past present and governmental affairs
* Fred Barry, past president
* Dennis Cantwell, president of the Lee Building Industry Association
* Teri Hansen, APR, president of Priority Marketing
* Michael Reitmann, executive officer of the Lee BIA
* Jimmy Rodgers, West Coast Structural Concrete & Masonry
* Gregg S. Truxton, attorney with Bolaos Truxton, PA
"One hundred percent of the monies we raise stay right here in Lee County to assist local people in need," Ritter said. "I think this is why we continue to be blessed with continued support of the building industry and community."
Builders Care provides home repair and renovation services to elderly and disabled residents by using donated materials and the volunteer services of local builders and BIA members. The Lee BIA started the program as a way for builders and their employees to unite and give back to the community.
Builders Care completed its first project in March 2006, renovating the home of a severely disabled Pine Island man. Since then, Builders Care has completed 100 projects providing moer than $1.8 million in emergency construction services to homeowners in need.
The board will continue to assist Builders Care Executive Director Heidi Taulman in selecting recipients for donated construction services and raising funds for projects, oversee the agency's operational and financial policies, and help plan and coordinate renovation projects.
Builders Care is headquartered at the Lee BIA offices at 10501 Six Mile Cypress Parkway, Suite 104, in Fort Myers. For more information, call 938-0056.
Donations can be made at: www.LeeBuildersCare.org, or to the Builders Care general fund at BB&T Page Field branch at 4959 S. Cleveland Ave. in Fort Myers.