The Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center presents the upcoming events for August that are sponsored by Lehigh Regional Medical Center are:
- Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. we have Bingo with large jack pots. Nonmembers are welcome.
- Monday-Friday at 9-11 a.m. Free Blood Pressure checks for members.
- Mondays at 10:30 a.m. Meet with the social club and plan trips for the weekends.
- Fridays at 1:30-3:45 p.m. Karaoke and dance. Free to all members.
- Aug. 2 at 9 a.m. Diabetic Support Group canceled.
- Aug. 2 at 11 a.m. "Mexican Casino Day." The Calendar girls will be performing. No money needed for gambling. Enjoy tacos, rice, churros and vanilla ice cream. Cost is $4 for members only.
- Aug. 6 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch Bunch. Hope Health Care Services will speak on the Five Wishes. This is a great program that you will not want to miss. Free lunch provided by Fountain Crest.
- Aug. 8 at 11:30 a.m. Hot Dog Day. Cost is $2 for hot dog, chips and soda. Members must sign up a week in advance.
- Aug. 9 at 9 a.m. Informative Breakfast. A radiologist will speak to us about tests performed. Free breakfast provided by Lehigh Regional Medical Center. Must sign up in advance. Public welcome.
- Aug. 9 at 7-9 p.m. Dance. Live music will be playing. Cost is $4 for members and $5 for nonmembers. Enjoy wonderful refreshments.
- Aug. 13 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch Bunch. National Cremation Society with speak about their International Packages. Free lunch for members provided by National Cremation Society.
- Aug. 15 at 9:30 a.m. Immokalee casino trip. Must sign up in advance.
- Aug. 22 at 9:30 a.m. Pancake Breakfast. Cost is $1.50 for pancakes or french toast, sausage and coffee.
- Aug. 23 at 1 p.m. Movie Day. Movie to be announced. Sign up in advance for popcorn.
- Aug. 28 at 10:30 a.m. Meet-N-Eat. Meet at the center and carpool to Asian Buffet in Lehigh Acres. You must sign up in advance.
Join the center for $15 a year or $2 a day for non-members. Check us out online: www.lehighacresseniorcitizenscenter.com.