To the editor:
Joy to all Americans who benefit in 2012 and all who will benefit in 2014.
Thanks to Chief Justice Roberts, American Healthcare Act was made constitutional law in the U.S. listing the 2012 benefits that are secure now:
- Insurance companies cannot deny those with pre-existing conditions.
- Insurance companies must now mail rebates for overcharges to 13 million households.
- Insurance companies may not drop coverage.
- $600 more of the Medicare "D" pharmaceutical coverage is in place. (may negotiate costs)
- Adult children under 26 may remain on parent's policy.
- Women may not be charged more for identical coverage that a male gets a lower rate.
More will kick into the marketplace in 2014.