Lee Memorial Health System is pleased to announce the following physicians joined our medical staff during the month of June:
- Amanda J. Avila, M.D. Neurology obtained her medical degree at the University of Vermont College of Medicine. She completed an Internal Medicine Internship and Neurology Residency at Rhode Island Hospital and a Movement Disorder Fellowship at the University of Florida. She is certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and has joined Florida Neurology Group.
- Alfonso Garcia-Bello, M.D. Internal Medicine obtained his medical degree at The Higher Institute of Medical Sciences of Havana. He completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center. Dr. Garcia-Bello has joined Cape Coral Hospitalists.
- Douglas J. Gottschalk, D.O. Pediatric Otolaryngology obtained his degree at Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed a General Surgery Internship at Via Christi Riverside Medical Center, A Surgery Residency at Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, Lackland AFB and a Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Dr. Gottschalk is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and has joined Lee Physician Group.
- Cindy J. Harris, D.O. Family Practice obtained her degree at the University of New England. She completed a Rotating Internship and Family Medicine Residency at Wilson Memorial Regional Medical Center. She is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and has joined Hope HealthCare.
- Alejandro J. Miranda-Sousa, M.D. Urology obtained his medical degree at the University Peruana Cayetano Heredia. He completed a General Surgery Internship, Urology Residency and Neurourology & Urodynamics Fellowship at the University of South Florida. Dr. Miranda-Sousa is certified by the American Board of Urology and has joined Gulfstream Urology.
- Houtan Sareh, M.D. Pulmonary Medicine obtained his medical degree at the University of Miami School of Medicine. He completed an Internal Medicine/Pediatric Internship and Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital; a Sleep Medicine Fellowship at Mount Sinai medical Center and a Pulmonary Medicine/Critical Care Fellowship at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Sareh is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine and has joined LPG Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- Jennifer A. Springer, M.D. Emergency Medicine obtained her medical degree at Temple University School of Medicine. She completed an Emergency Medicine Residency at the Medical College of Pennsylvania. She is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and has joined Lee Convenient Care.
- Leonid B. Trost, M.D. Dermatology obtained his medical degree at Ohio State University. He completed a Dermatology Residency and Mohs Surgery Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Trost is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a solo practitioner.