Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

House fire causes $100,000 in damages

August 8, 2012
Lehigh Acres Citizen

The Lehigh Acres Fire District responded to a residential structure fire in the 200 block of Jayview Ave on Sunday, Aug. 5.

Fire Marshal Kenneth Bennett said the call came in at 10:21 p.m. and the house received moderate fire damage and its occupants have been temporarily displaced until repairs can be made.

The family had five cats in the home with them at the time of the fire. Two of the cats did not make it out of the home and could not be resuscitated by fire crews on scene, Bennett said.

It is believed that the other cats escaped the heat and smoke through a partially open door left open by the occupants, he said.

Damage to the home is believed to be approximately $100,000.

Bennett said the fire is believed to have been caused by a short circuit in electrical equipment in the garage.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web