To the editor:
It has been suggested that the American Legislative Exchange Council agenda is closely related to a radical conservative agenda. The ultraconservative Koch brothers are a big part of this organization's financial support, with a goal of destroying government and the unions in this country. Multiple Republican legislatures and governors across the country are serving as instruments for this corrupt agenda, pursuing:
- Arizona-style immigration laws
- Parental Empowerment Act to privatize public education (Florida H.B. 543)
- Voter suppression laws (Florida H.B. 1355)
- Dangerous stand-your-ground laws
- Privatization of prisons (and their lack of accountability)
This is not a nice group with an nice agenda. Nothing above meets the criteria of the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution - establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, or promote the general welfare. We, to help ensure the general welfare of the United States, need to express that these horrendous laws are not acceptable to "We the People." One such way is to boycott anyone who financially supports this ALEC agenda.
For more information, see the Center for Media and Democracy at: www.prwatch.org.