The following upcoming public meetings are scheduled in Lehigh Acres. The public is encouraged to attend and participate in local issues.
- The Lehigh Acres Community Planning Panel (LACPP) meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the Lee County Sheriff's Office. Enter through the back door on Plaza Drive. Open to the public.
- The Lehigh Community Council meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month at the Living Waters Christian Fellowship Church, at 500 N. Sunshine Blvd. Open to the public.
- The East County Water Control District board (ECWCD) meets at its headquarters on East County Lane, off of Lee Boulevard. For a list of dates, which can vary from month to month, call 368-0044. Open to the public.
- The Lehigh Acres Fire and Rescue Department meets monthly, usually on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. at the fire station on 16th Street, off of Sunshine Boulevard South. Call 368-2447 for dates and times of meetings. Open to the public.
- If you need street lights on your street, attend the Lehigh Acres Street District Advisory Committee meeting held at 1 p.m. on the second Friday of each month at the Veterans Park Community Center. Open to the public. Lights are paid through taxes. For information, call Edd Weiner at (954) 648-5458.