Sponsored by Lehigh Regional Medical Center, the Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center's upcoming events for September are:
- Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. we have Bingo with large jack pots. Nonmembers are welcome.
- Mon-Fri at 9-11 a.m. Free Blood Pressure checks for members.
- Mondays at 10:30 a.m. Meet with the social club and plan trips for the weekends.
- Fridays at 1:30-3:45 p.m. Karaoke and dance. Free to all members.
- Sept. 6 at 9 a.m. Diabetic Support Group. Breakfast provided.
- Sept. 6 at12 p.m. Toga Party. Toga Party and Caesar's Talent Show. Enjoy roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a roll. $4 for members only.
- Sept. 12 at 11:30 a.m. Hot Dog Day. $2 for hot dog, chips and soda. Members must sign up a week in advance.
- Sept. 13 at 7-9 p.m. Dance. Live music will be playing. $4 for members and $5 for nonmembers. Enjoy wonderful refreshments.
- Sept. 17 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch Bunch. Universal Health Care will speak on "Medicare simplified." Lunch by Universal Health Care.
- Sept. 20 at 12:30 p.m. August and September birthday lunch and party free for members only and $7.50 for guest.
- Sept. 24 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch Bunch. "The lives and loves of Liz." A dramatic reading by Carolyn White. Free lunch provided by Fountain Crest
- Sept. 25 at 10:30 a.m. Meet-N-Eat. Meet at the center and carpool to Two Meatballs in a Kitchen. You must sign up in advance.
- Sept. 26 at 9:30 a.m. Immokalee casino trip. Must sign up in advance.
- Sept. 26 at 9:30 a.m. Pancake Breakfast. $1.50 for pancakes or french toast, sausage and coffee.
- Sept. 27 at 1 p.m. Movie Day. Movie to be announced. Sign up in advance for popcorn.
Join the center for $15 a year; $2 a day for nonmembers. Special events have other requirements; inquire at the main desk. Check the Web site at: www.lehighacresseniorcitizenscenter.com.