Is it time for you to have your annual mammography? The U.S. Postal Service is offering a simple way to get it taken care of.
The Radiology Regional Mobile Mammography Bus will be located at various post offices during October.
The following dates and locations are scheduled for the Mobile Mammography Bus:
- Oct. 4: Coco River Post Office, in North Naples, from 8 a.m.noon
- Oct: 4: Bonita Springs Post Office, from 2-6 p.m.
- Oct. 11: North Fort Myers Post Office, from noon-4 p.m.
- Oct. 22: Lehigh Acres Post Office, from 8 a.m.-noon
- Oct. 22: Page Field Post Office, in Fort Myers, from 2-6 p.m.
- Oct. 23: Downtown Fort Myers Post Office, from noon-4 p.m.
- Oct. 24: Naples Main Post Office, from 8 a.m.-noon
- Oct. 25: Cape Coral Central Post Office, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Oct. 29: Tice Post Office, from noon-4 p.m.
Mammography is proven preventative healthcare, saving lives and making a difference in the long-term survival of those diagnosed with breast cancer. The baseline mammogram should be performed at age 40, unless the patient is high risk.
Mobile Mammo is a great way to bring the convenience of annual screening to the workplace or your community. Based on Census data, approximately 204,000 women in Lee County are of the age to be screened, but only 50,000 women are receiving this preventative healthcare.
Walk in service is available but appointments are preferred. Call 936-2316 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are typically 20 minutes. Most insurances are accepted, discounted self pay pricing is available.
Results will be mailed to the patient and physician within a few working days. The exams are read by local, board certified radiologists, including fellowship-trained Women's Imagers. Every mammogram is analyzed by computer-aided detection, and then reviewed by the reading radiologist.
No prescription is necessary for a screening mammogram.
Mr. Zip's tip
As of July 2012, sales of the Breast Cancer semi-postal stamp has generated more than 75.5 million dollars for Breast Cancer Research.
Debra Mitchell is a spokeswoman for U.S. Postal Service.