At about noon on Sept. 25, Lee County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to an occupied burglary at 1302 Hamilton Ave. A vehicle fleeing the scene was located and stopped by deputies, according to officials.
The vehicle was occupied by Daniel Cruz, 20, Jesse Dampier, 18, Michael Zamora, 18, and Justin Reynoso, 17. Dampier, Zamora and Reynoso attend Richard Milburn Academy and were skipping class.
During the course of the investigation, detectives discovered the four were responsible for other burglaries in the area, officials reported. In the earlier burglaries, some of the property had been placed for sale on Craigslist and other property had been sold at pawnshops.
The four racked up 35 felony charges between them, which included burglary, grand theft, dealing in stolen property and false verification of ownership.
In addition to the burglary on Hamilton Avenue, in which all four were charged:
- Zamora and Reynoso were charged for a Sept. 20 burglary in the 4500 block of 13th Street East
- Zamora, Reynoso and Cruz were charged for a Sept. 21st burglary in the 700 block of Crestline Avenue South
- Zamora, Reynoso and Dampier were charged for a Sept. 25th burglary in the 1200 block of Raccoon Street
The number of charges for each is as follows:
- Zamora, of 3985 Sunset Road, faces 12 felony charges
- Cruz, of 4547 Varsity Circle, faces 12 felony charges
- Reynoso, of 633 Hawthorne Ave. S., faces eight felony charges
- Dampier, of 19630 Huber Road, North Fort Myers, faces three felony charges
Source: Lee County Sheriff's Office