To the editor:
In our small community we have two local candidates running for Lee County Commission Seat 3. I know them both; I like them both. I've worked with them both on different issues. Personal experience and public records have proven to me that Charlie Whitehead is the right person for Lee County Commission seat 3.
- Charlie Whitehead has more than 25 years experience with government, business, community and leadership in Lee County. Charlie kept us all informed on the issues in Lee County Government through his news reporting for more than 25 years. Florida Elections Office said Charlie registered to vote and has consistently voted since he moved to Lee County. Charlie knows government!
- Charlie, as president of several Lee County corporations, has been knowledgeable in and responsible for finances, budgets, marketing, development, real estate law, environmental law, corporate law, land development codes, planning, prioritizing, management, communication, etc. ... on all levels of government from local to national. Charlie knows business!
- Charlie has been active in the community in various ways since he moved here in the 1980s. Charlie was a member of the SAC committee for Beach Elementary School; Charlie has headed up the Town's Little League Program, securing sponsors, coordinating volunteers, coaching, and umpiring; Charlie has been a volunteer coach for Cypress Lake High School; Charlie was on the Bay Oaks Advisory Board and Community Resources Advisory Board. Charlie knows civic responsibility and community!
- Charlie is a husband, a dad and a friend. In his high school and college years at University of Louisville, Charlie was voted All American; he not only played, but captained his football and basketball teams. Charlie has worked hard to take care of his wife and four kids. Charlie, like many parents I know on this island, is often "behind the scenes" doing what needs to be done. Charlie knows the issues facing the residents and businesses and he genuinely cares. Charlie knows leadership and friendship!
- Charlie's record speaks for itself. He has shown care, commitment and leadership to the community and now he wants to bring those same attributes to Lee County Government. Charlie is grassroots, just what we need. Charlie represents the People!
Vote Charlie Whitehead, County Commission Seat 3. CharlieWhitehead 2012.com
Fort Myers Beach