Firefighters from the Lehigh Acres Fire Department responded to two morning fires on Nov. 2.
Kenneth Bennett, assistant fire chief and fire marshal, said the first call came in as a fire alarm activation and 911 call of a kitchen fire (pot on the stove) in one of the units at Vista Palms Apartments located off Alabama Rd. No injuries were reported in this incident.
The call came in at 4:01 a.m. Upon arrival, firefighters noted light smoke showing but discovered the fire out upon arrival. Damage was limited to smoke in the apartment and to the microwave above the stove top. No one was displaced as a result, the occupants were able to return, Bennett said.
The second fire came in at 4:12 a.m. and was located in the 200 Block of Narthex Ave. S.
The first arriving fire unit also reported light smoke showing, Bennett said. Upon investigation, the fire was out and was caused by an electrical short in the utility room.
Damage was contained to the dryer with smoke inside the home. No injuries were reported for this incident and the home was able to be occupied by the residents upon departure by fire units on scene, Bennett said.
He noted that residents should make sure their dryer vents are cleaned out from inside to outside to prevent possible fires. He also said never to leave your home if you clothes dryer is in operation.