Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS
 
 
 

Cigarette blamed for structure fire

November 7, 2012
Lehigh Acres Citizen

The Lehigh Acres Fire Control and Rescue District responded to a report of a structure fire in a group home facility located in the 700 block of McKinley Ave. on October at 8:56 p.m.

Due to the quick actions of the staff inside of the home, the residents were quickly evacuated to their pre-designated staging location outside of the home with no injuries being reported, according to Ken Bennett, assistant fire chief and fire marshal.

The fire was confined to the family room and kitchen of this facility by the fire crews with damage approximated at $120,000. Minor structural damage was noted to the home, but it should be able to be rebuilt/repaired easily, Bennett said.

Staff and residents have been temporarily relocated to another facility in the community until repairs can be completed, he said.

The probable cause of the fire has been listed as an improperly discarded ignited material (cigarette/ash) to the loveseat/chair in the family room, Bennett said.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web