The Florida Department of Transportation's asset management contractor for I-75, ICA, is responding to damage to the I-75/Daniels Parkway overpass in Lee County (mile marker 131) that occurred during a traffic incident Tuesday afternoon. Multiple beams have been damaged and involve both northbound and southbound bridges. ICA will seek third party reimbursement for repairs.
- Two lanes northbound and two lanes southbound on I-75 are expected to remain open to traffic during the daytime. Nighttime work may require some northbound and southbound lane closures on the interstate. The speed limit is reduced to 60 mph for northbound traffic and 50 mph for southbound traffic. One of the two lanes southbound is narrower in width.
- Eastbound Daniels Parkway has two lanes open to traffic presently. Westbound Daniels Parkway presently is open to traffic. The eastbound Daniels Parkway on-ramp to northbound I-75 will be closed during this project.
- Lane closures and traffic shifts will occur during daytime and nighttime hours on I-75 and Daniels Parkway over the next month. Drivers are advised to pay attention to traffic signs and to plan extra travel time.
- Drivers also are reminded to watch their speed on both I-75 and Daniels Parkway. Courtesy, caution and patience are encouraged traveling through this area. Florida Highway Patrol is on-site to assist with traffic management. Motorists may use alternate routes depending on destinations.
- These bridges are safe and are open to traffic. Parts of the structures affected are closed to traffic and will be repaired. Repairs are underway and work is expected to finish early December, weather permitting.
Source: Florida Department of Transportation