Sponsored by Lehigh Regional Medical Center, the Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center's upcoming events for December are:
- Dec. 12 at 11:30 a.m. Hot Dog Day. $2 for hot dog, chips and soda. Members must sign up a week in advance.
- Dec. 13 at 9 a.m. Drs. Breakfast. Lehigh Regional Medical Center Hospital will present "The Men in Black." They are patient ambassadors. Free breakfast provided by LRMC. Must sign up in advance.
- Dec. 13 at 7-9 p.m. Dance. Live music. $4 for members and $5 for nonmembers.
- Dec. 14 at 12:30 p.m. "Holiday Dinner & Show." Mystery Dinner and Fundraiser. Your choice of Talapia or Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, vegetable, salad, roll, dessert. $5 for meal. Members only.
- Dec. 17 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch Bunch-Bankers Life will speak on "The election is over, now what?" Members must sign for free lunch a week in advance.
- Dec. 18 at 10:30 a.m. Meet-N-Eat. Meet at the center and carpool to Red Lobster on Cleveland Ave. in Fort Myers. You must sign up in advance.
- Dec. 19 at 9 a.m. Immokalee casino trip. Must sign up in advance. $20 includes your ride to Immokalee, $30 worth of free play and a $5 food voucher.
- Dec. 20 at 12:30 p.m. December birthday lunch and party free for members only. $7.50 for guest.
- Dec. 20 at 1:15-1:30 p.m. Horseracing. $1 gets you three races.
- Dec. 26 at 9:30 a.m. Pancake Breakfast. $1.50 for pancakes or french toast, sausage and coffee.
- Dec. 27 at 1 p.m. Movie Day. Movie will be Taken. Sign up in advance for free popcorn.
- Dec. 28 at 12:30 p.m. New Year's Party. Live music, horsd'oeuvres, hats, noisemakers, fake champagne, all for the price of $7. Must sign up a week in advance.
- Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Bingo with large jack pots. Nonmembers are welcome.
- Monday-Friday at 9-11 a.m. Free Blood Pressure checks for members.
- Mondays at 10:30 a.m. Meet with the social club and plan trips for the weekends.
Join the center for $15 a year. It will cost $2 a day for nonmembers for the center. Special events have other requirements; inquire at the main desk.
Check the center out online at: www.lehighacresseniorcitizenscenter.com. The Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center is located at 219 Plaza Drive.