The Lehigh Acres Senior Citizens Center presents the following activities, sponsored by Lehigh Regional Medical Center:
- Feb. 28 at 9 a.m.: Drs. Breakfast. Dr. Cuna, a general practice physician, will speak.
- Feb. 28 at 1 p.m.: Movie Day. Movie will be "13 Going On 30." Sign up in advance for free popcorn.
- Mar. 4 at 11:30 a.m. : Lunch Bunch. Dr. Sandler Burkley with speak about the aging eye. Free, but must sign up in advance.
- Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.: Bingo with large jack pots. Non-members are welcome.
- Monday-Friday at 9-11 a.m.: Free blood pressure checks for members.
- Mondays at 10:30 a.m.: Meet with the social club and plan trips for the weekends.
- Fridays at 1:30-3:45 p.m.: Karaoke and dance. Free to all members.
Physically active classes are line dancing, exercise classes - zumba, tai chi, yoga, dance X, chair dancing - walking, bocce, shuffleboard, simulated bowling, dances, corn hole, ballroom dancing, ping pong and billiards.
Creative classes are writing, photography, discussion group, piano, Swedish weaving, tatting, needlework, punch needle, woodcarving, stain glass, plastic art craft, sewing, pine needle baskets, art, make a teddy bear, crafts, beading and quilting.
Card games, such as pinochle, bridge, cribbage, hand and foot, Yahtzee and sheepshead, are played weekly. There are beginner and intermediate computer classes, followed by a computer art and Microsoft Word class.
Open to age 50 and older. Join the center for $15 a year; cost is $2 a day for non-members. For more information, visit: www.lehighacresseniorcitizenscenter.com.