Cape Coral Rowing Club is inviting the public to experience the joy of rowing on Saturday, June 1, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at its facility at Cape Harbour Marina. Interested participants will be introduced to a sport which is enjoyed by people of all ages and fitness abilities; no previous rowing experience is necessary.
The free event will include:
- A tour of the facility and learn the parts of a rowing shell
- A Concept II Ergometer demonstration
- Experience the ergometer while learning the body movement in a rowing shell
- Learn basic rowing commands
- Have an on the water rowing experience in an eight-person shell with an experienced coxswain and rowers
- Enter a raffle for a free six session Learn to Row Program
Why row? Rowing is commonly referred to as the ultimate total body workout, exercising several major muscle groups with low impact, rhythmic movements. It is a great workout for your legs, which are the main source of power in a rowing stroke, as well as your arms, back, and abdominals.
The program is open to age 13 and up. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register. Cape Harbour Marina is located at 5828 Cape Harbour Drive in Cape Coral.