In an attempt to make the public aware about a rash of robberies, undercover detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office set up an undercover sting operation on Aug. 1.
The operation utilized the Web site backpage.com and other social media sites that solicit prostitution. The reason for the operation was because more and more "johns" have been robbed by the women they choose to procure for sex.
Married men that solicit prostitutes are perfect candidates to rob because they do not want their wives to find out. These men end up not wanting to tell law enforcement they were robbed and the crime goes unnoticed.
The following nine men were arrested and charged with procure for prostitute solicit another for lewdness assignment:
- David Paul Bertoncini, 39, of 4333 Bellavera Drive, Fort Myers.
- David William Brewer, 39, of 16037 Delarosa Lane, Naples
- John David Endres, 53, of 780 17th St., Naples
- Freddy Lopez Espinoza, 32, of 8521 Tamara St., Bonita Springs
- Jose Gonzalez, 31, of 917 Canton Ave., Lehigh Acres
- Joseph Michael Melillo, 32, of 812 Chesney Lane, Bel Air, Md.
- Nathan G. Miller, 31, of 11018 Carrara Court, Apt. 102, Bonita Springs
- Manuel A. Porras, 19, of 147 Leawood Circle, Naples
- Julio Cesar Reyes, 31, of 615 S.E. Van Loon Terrace, Cape Coral
Source: Lee County Sheriff's Office