Move it or Lose it! Did you know 20 seconds can make the difference between having your car broken into or left alone?
Taking just a few seconds to roll up your windows and lock your car doors can save you from finding your car ransacked and your valuables missing.
It does not matter if your car is at a shopping center, parked in a public parking lot, or parked in your driveway if your vehicle is unlocked or windows rolled down you may fall victim of a car burglar.
Take a moment and review these simple but effective auto burglary and theft prevention tips:
- Close your windows and lock your doors - the simplest and easiest prevention technique.
- Remove valuables or place them in the trunk of your automobile.
- Remove "pull-out" style radio face plates, if equipped.
- Park in well lit areas when possible.
- Park where your car will be easily and frequently viewed - natural surveillance.
- Park in your garage if you have one.
- Use a car alarm, it will alert anyone nearby.
It only takes 30 seconds for a thief to break into your car and steal your belongings or your car.
You can save yourself from becoming a victim of an auto burglary or theft by taking 20 seconds to hide your valuables and lock your car.
Source:?Lee County Sheriff's Office