A three-month investigation by the Lee County Sheriff's Office recently culminated in the arrest of 22 suspects.
Operation Coastal Flush was executed in the North Fort Myers community known as Suncoast Estates. Several homes were hit simultaneously, surprising local street level dealers who were hauled off to jail along with others charged with prostitution.
"Our community is a better place because of operations like this and we remain committed to a relentless, sustained attack on the drug trade and related crimes," Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said.
Three search warrants were executed at the following locations:
- 2008 Laurel Lane, North Fort Myers: Tammy Prough, 41, with possession of cocaine within a 1,000 feet of a church and possession of marijuana within 1,000 feet of a church
- 7769 Bartholomew Drive, North Fort Myers: Steven Biship, 38, with sale and possession of an opiate, trafficking in an opiate derivative and possession of marijuana over 20 grams, and Serge Dufresne, 26, with violation of probation
- 8305 McDaniel Drive, North Fort Myers: Dustin Campbell, 20, with sale and possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana with intent to sell
The following items were seized:
- 158.8 grams of marijuana, with a street value or $1,600
- 6 grams of cocaine, with a street value of $300
- 106.3 grams in pharmaceuticals, with a street value of $10,300
Also arrested as a result of the investigation were:
- Danorris Balkcom, 29, of 2610 S. Leda Ave., North Fort Myers, with sale and possession of cocaine
- Mickey Colangelo, 54, of 622 Edison Ave., Lehigh Acres, with sale and possession of cocaine
- Alan Alexander, 55, of 8432 Grady Drive, North Fort Myers, with sale and possession of cocaine
- Ashley Deming, 24, of 7514 Marx Drive, North Fort Myers, with sale and possession of cocaine
- Kevin Wilkins, 32, of 4738 24th St., Lehigh Acres, with violation of probation
- Sandra Cullari, 31, of 79 Cabana Ave., North Fort Myers, with prostitution
- Tara Faustrom, 34, of 15390 Hart Road, Apt. A33, North Fort Myers, with prostitution
- Katy Hume, 32, of 441 San Bernardino St., North Fort Myers, with prostitution
- Melinda Johnson, 51, of 3740 Central Ave., Fort Myers, with prostitution
- Amber Rowell, 29, of 441 San Bernardino St., North Fort Myers, with prostitution
The suspects were booked into the Lee County Jail.
The operation is ongoing and more arrests are expected.