Investigators with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Narcotics/Vice Unit and Field Support Unit conducted a Marijuana Grow House Eradication Operation in Lehigh Acres Friday, resulting in the location of five grown houses and eight arrests, officials said.
Three teams investigated 26 possible grow house addresses which were received through Crime Stopper tips, and other anonymous citizen complaints. Five grow houses were dismantled and eight subjects were arrested for the following:
- 146 S. Wanatah Ave.; 20 plants seized; Abel Montes Chiu, 36, and Isleidy Sotolongo, 30, were charged with marijuana cultivation, trafficking marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and having minor present with drugs being manufactured.
- 1100 Gerald Ave.; 8 plants seized; Randolph Miller, 44, was charged with cultivation and possession of marijuana over 20 grams.
- 2506 S.W. 61st St.; 31 plants seized and approximately 2.5 pounds of marijuana packaged for sale;
Yeneir Alvarez, 38, and Danian Vazquez, 27, were charged with marijuana cultivation, trafficking marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and having minor present with drugs being manufactured.
- 2253 E. 11th St.; 17 plants seized; Roberto Hernandez, 28, Marlies Lopez, 21, and Nora Alonso, 60, were charged with marijuana cultivation and possession of marijuana over 20 grams.
- 3904 E. Third St.; 94 plants seized and approximately 18 pounds of marijuana packaged for sale.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time.
Three children from two of the above addresses were turned over to the Department of Children and Families.
The total number of plants seized was 170 with a street value of $340,000, officials said in a prepared statement released Friday, ading the packaged marijuana had a street value of $60,000.
Source: Lee County Sheriff's Office