On Feb. 21, the Lee County Sheriff's Office Narcotics/Vice Unit and Field Support Unit conducted a marijuana grow house eradication operation in Lehigh Acres.
Three teams investigated 26 possible grow house addresses which were received through Crime Stopper tips, and other anonymous citizen complaints.
Five grow houses were dismantled and eight subjects were arrested for the following:
- 146 Wanatah Ave. S., with 20 plants seized:
Abel Montes Chiu, 36, and Isleidy Sotolongo, 30, with marijuana cultivation, trafficking marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and having minor present with drugs being manufactured.
- 1100 Gerald Ave., with eight plants seized: Randolph Miller, 44, with marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana over 20 grams
- 2506 W. 61st St., with 31 plants seized and approximately 2.5 pounds of marijuana packaged for sale: Yeneir Alvarez, 38, and Danian Vazquez, 27, with marijuana cultivation, trafficking marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and having minor present with drugs being manufactured.
- 2253 E. 11th St., with 17 plants seized:
Roberto Hernandez, 29, Marlies Lope, 21, and Nora Alonso, 60, with marijuana cultivation and possession of marijuana over 20 grams.
- 3904 E. Third St., with 94 plants seized and approximately 18 pounds of marijuana packaged for sale.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time.
Three children from two of the above addresses were turned over to the Department of Children and Families.
The total number of plants seized was 170 with a street value of $340,000. The packaged marijuana had a street value of $60,000.