To the editor:
As we approach the Special Election on June 24, 2014, we should examine our wishes for those we choose to be our voices in the Congress.
Do we wish that:
- Our choices should be focused only on the repeal the Affordable Care Act?
- Our choices should pass legislation and thus actually do the job of governing?
- Our choices should represent our views as constituents and reject extreme views of the "do nothing" groups that keep things from getting done.
- Our choices should represent the poor and middle-classes not the one percent.
- Our choices should be focused on jobs, jobs, jobs.
- Our choices should not be an obstructionist.
Your vote should send a representative to the U.S. Congress who will work with President Obama.
Above all though, vote, get your friends and relatives to vote, too.
Early voting is from June 14 thru 21 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. at the East County Library.
Voting on June 24 will be at your regular polling place from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Do not let your voice be the choice of the few because of the many who stayed home.