To the editor:
It is difficult to understand why the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, John Boehner, is organizing a lawsuit against President Barack Obama. This suit is claiming that the President has overstepped his executive powers by writing executive orders to implement changes that the country needs.
Inasmuch as the House is not passing anything but is still collecting paychecks, President Obama has chosen to act.
Coincidentally, the preparation of this lawsuit fiasco is taking approximately three weeks. Just another excuse to do nothing before Congress goes on summer break for the whole month of August.
In my opinion, the U.S. House has been on vacation for two years. House members worked only 125 days in 2013, and may work less in 2014! Below is a list of House failures:
- No bills passed to help jobs.
- No health care improvements.
- No action to fix our aging infrastructure.
- A bill passed for agriculture that cut food stamps for the poor!
- No extension of unemployment benefits for long-term unemployed since December 2013.
- No bills passed for immigration reform.
Congress' approval rating is currently 7 percent. That is 7 points too high.
Incidentally, President Obama has written fewer executive orders than any of recent presidents, but the Republicans don't want you to know that.