homepage logo

Marine expansion will create 75 new jobs in Lee County

By Staff | Oct 13, 2009

The Lee County Office of Economic Development announced this week that the county and state have approved financial incentives for JRL Ventures, Inc./Marine Concepts to support its headquarter expansion plans in Fort Myers. The incentives will assist the company in creating 75 new jobs in Lee County. The economic impact in the county for this project is estimated at $6.3 million, officials said.

The company has expanded at the current facility many times in the past. Now with the growth into new markets under the JRL Ventures business name, they again need to grow the business. They currently have a small facility in Sarasota and considered this area, as well as, other parts of Florida, such as Charlotte County, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.

The company currently employs 40 full-time employees, their growth plan and new business is expected to create at least 75 new jobs over the next three years at an average Lee County wage of $41,650 which is 115 percent of the average wage.

As part of the expansion, JRL Ventures, Inc./Marine Concepts will receive a Qualified Tax Incentive (QTI) from the State of Florida and Lee County worth $225,000. Of the $225,000 in QTI incentives $180,000 or 80 percent comes from the State and the remaining 20 percent, or $45,000 match comes from the Lee County incentive program, officials said.

“We are excited about the expansion of JRL Ventures, Inc./Marine Concepts in Lee County,” said Jim Moore, executive director of the Lee County Office of Economic Development.

“I wish them much continued success as the result of their expansion in Lee County, and thank all of those that have helped create a business climate in Southwest Florida that nourishes the growth of innovative companies like JRL Ventures, Inc./Marine Concepts.”