Physicians’ Primary Care Physicians named Castle Connolly Top Doctors
Four Lehigh Acres physicians with Physicians’ Primary Care of Southwest Florida have been named “Top Doctors” by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. in New York.
Castle Connolly is an independent research and information company that is the nation’s leading provider of information on top physicians.
All four of the physicians practice at the Lehigh Acres office of Physicians’ Primary Care of Southwest Florida at 5700 Lee Boulevard. They are:
* Georgia Rocha-Rodriquez, M.D., a pediatrician who also practices in the Fort Myers pediatrics office at 9350 Camelot Drive. Dr Rocha-Rodriguez is a five-time repeat winner from 2016 to 2020.
* Shikha Shrestha, M.D., an internal medicine physician.
* Michael Verwest, M.D., a family medicine physician.
* Stanley Wiggins, M.D., a pediatrician who also practices in the Cape Coral office at 1261 Viscaya Parkway.
A total of seven physicians from Physicians’ Primary Care of SWF were honored as Top Doctors. The others are:
* Charles Curtis, M.D., a family medicine physician in the Cape Coral office at 1255 Viscaya Parkway. Dr. Curtis is an eight-time repeat winner from 2013 to 2020.
* Staci Van Winkle, M.D., a family medicine physician in the Fort Myers office at 7381 College Parkway.
* Scott Wiley, M.D., a family medicine physician in the Cape Coral office at 1255 Viscaya Parkway.
Selections are made through a national survey of physicians and hospital administrators conducted by Castle Connolly. After the votes are tallied, Castle Connolly ensures that the physicians meet the company’s criteria, which include board certification, years of experience in their specialties, and a clean disciplinary record.
“Castle Connolly is widely recognized for its extensive research of the medical profession. This demonstrates to our patients that we have been evaluated and meet their highest standards,” said Dr. Mary Yankaskas, managing physician of Physicians’ Primary Care of Southwest Florida.
The physicians will be featured in the July issue of Gulfshore Life magazine and honored at an awards banquet.
Physicians’ Primary Care of Southwest Florida, a physician-owned and operated medical practice, is celebrating its 25th year of caring for Southwest Florida families. The practice was formed in 1996 by many long practicing local physicians and has grown to become the largest independent physician-owned primary care practice in Southwest Florida.
Medical specialties include family practice, internal medicine and pediatrics. PPC’s offices are located in Fort Myers, Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres. For more information, visit www.ppcswfl.com.