The following upcoming public meetings are scheduled in Lehigh Acres monthly. The public is encouraged to attend and participate in local issues.
* Lehigh Acres Community Planning Panel meets on the second Wednesday evening of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the annex of the Lehigh Acres Sheriff's substation at 1299 Homestead Rd. Enter through the rear door. The Architectural Review Board (ARB) is a part of the LACPP.
* The Lehigh Community Council meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month at 1299 Homestead Rd., the annex to the Brava Substation of the Sheriff's Office. For more information go to: www.lehighcouncil.com.
* The East County Water Control district board (ECWCD) meets at 1120 Village Lakes Blvd. in front of Town Lakes. For a list of meeting dates which can vary from month to month, call 368-0044.
* The Lehigh Acres Fire and Rescue Department meets monthly, usually on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 p.m. at the Microtel Inn meeting room on Business Way. Call 303-5300 for exact dates and time of meetings.
* If you need street lights on your street, attend the Lehigh Acres Street District Advisory Committee which meets at 1 p.m. at Veterans Park Community Center on the second Friday of each month and is open to the public. Lights are paid through public taxes. For times and more information, call Edd Weiner at 954-648-5458.