The following upcoming public meetings are scheduled in Lehigh Acres monthly. The public is encouraged to attend and participate in local issues.
* Lehigh Acres Community Planning Panel (LACPP) meets on the second Wednesday evening of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the annex of the Lehigh Acres Sheriff's substation at 1299 Homestead Rd. Enter through the rear door. The Architectural Review Board (ARB) is part of the LACPP. For more information, go to: lehighacresplanning.com/index.html.
* The Lehigh Community Council meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month at the Lehigh Acres Sheriff's substation at 1299 Homestead Rd. Enter through the rear door. For more information go to: www.lehighcouncil.com
* The East County Water Control District board (ECWCD) meets at 1120 Village Lakes Blvd. in front of Town lakes on Williams St. For a list of meeting dates from month to month, call 368-0044. For more information, go to: ecwcd.com.
* The Lehigh Acres Fire and Rescue Department meets monthly, usually on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 4 p.m. at the Microtel Inn meeting room on Business Way. Call 303-5300 for exact dates and times. For dates and more information, go to: www.lehighfd.com.
* If you need street lights on your street, call Edd Weiner of the Lehigh Acres Street District Advisory Committee at 954-648-5458. He will give the date of the committee meetings.