The United States Postal Service is reminding customers that - for no additional charge - online tracking has been added to certain international shipping services for lightweight packages to select countries.
The international shipping services for which free online tracking is available include:
- First-Class Package International Service
- Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes
- Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes
The free online tracking feature is available for these items sent to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, France, Netherlands, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Israel and Brazil.
Online tracking information, when available includes the date and time the package:
- Left the U.S.
- Was received in the foreign country
- Was delivered, or delivery-attempted at the final destination address
How to check delivery status:
Senders can check delivery status by going to: usps.com and clicking on Track & Confirm or: tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action and use the package barcode tracking number.
Customers wishing to access free online tracking with First-Class Package International Service, Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes must use an online, or electronically generated shipping label through one of the following methods:
- USPS-approved PC postage providers (Endicia.com, Stamps.com)
- usps.com (Click-N-Ship, Click-N-Ship for Business, Webtools apps)
- USPS Global Shipping Software (GSS) or other USPS-approved software providers
International Shipping Service Features:
First-Class Package International Service is USPS' most affordable international service for small packages. Customers may send items weighing up to 4 pounds with a maximum value not exceeding $400. Delivery time varies by destination.
Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes also let customers send items up to 4 pounds, with the added convenience of low Flat Rate pricing and free shipping supplies. Delivery in 6-10 business days for many major markets (average number of days may vary based upon origin and destination).
Additional information is available at the following links:
- First-Class Package International Service - www.usps.com/ship/first-class-package-international-service.htm?
- Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes - www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-international-flat.htm
Kathleen Swanson is a spokeswoman for U.S. Postal Service.